Into The Woods
Starring:
James Corden, Emily Blunt, Meryl Streep, Anna Kendrick, Chris Pine, and Johnny Depp
Going back a little ways, just last year I saw a high school production of the musical Into The Woods and I loved it! Everyone had amazing voices, so I came into the theatre expecting great acting and singing! I was not disappointed one bit. The movie captures your attention the second it begins, with James Corden narrating it very theatrically.
Throughout the movie, the characters sing catchy songs that are both funny and meaningful. All the actors and actresses had incredible voices, which I was surprised to hear! (Especially Chris Pine, more commonly known as Captain Kirk from Star Trek!)
As I had seen the musical prior to the movie, nothing took me as a shock, but if you're seeing Into The Woods for the first time, you will definitely be in for many surprises throughout the storyline!
The one critique I had was that because I had seen the musical before, it got a little slow towards the end, and I sat awaiting something exciting to happen, because I already knew excited things were on their way!
But fear not, if you're a fan of musical theater, this movie will blow you away! The sets are mesmerizing as are the effects! You will not be disappointed by this movie! I recommend it 10/10 for anyone!
-Emma; The Cozy Critic
No comments:
Post a Comment