Hollow City is the book following Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. This book continues Jacob's adventure with the peculiar children as they journey to save their home. I thoroughly enjoyed the first book in this ongoing series, and I was just awaiting the day when I could finally buy this! When the day did come, I started reading it immediately!
The book picks up right where the last one leaves off, almost to the exact moment! Thankfully, as most books have a slow beginning, the start of this book is exciting from the very first page! I got sucked in from the beginning, and didn't put the book down until I had finished.
The story is twisting and surprising as the group of peculiar children travel to save Miss Peregrine and their time loop! Jacob is trying to harness his peculiar talent, as things get rougher! Each of the children's characters grow and you see more of them as they are in dangerous situations. There are moments that make you squeal and hide your head under the covers! As for the romance, Ransom Riggs did not make it the main point of this book, but there are still moments that make you smile and blush!
As the second book goes, it was a success! I enjoyed it just as much as the first book, maybe even more! I am looking forward to the continuation of the story as the author writes it, as should you! I highly recommend this book for any reader who likes an unforgettable story that pulls you into a different world!
-Emma; The Cozy Critic
No comments:
Post a Comment