Insurgent
Starring:
Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Kate Winslet, Ansel Elgort, and Miles Teller
It's that time of year again! Last month, the second movie in the Divergent trilogy was released. These movies are based off of the book series by Veronica Roth. Let's rewind a year. When I first saw Divergent, I thought it was a horrible movie. But just last month, I got it from the library and fell in love with it. Having been a huge fan of the books, it had taken me a while to accept how different the first movie was compared to the original story. Don't worry, there is a reason I'm telling you this!
Fast forward to the first Insurgent trailer that was released. Let me just say that I am a big supporter of book to movie adaptations... when they actually follow the main plot. From the second I saw that first trailer, I knew this movie was going to way off the storyline of the book. But I had to tell myself to see it anyways because trailers can be pretty deceiving. This one wasn't.
When I finally saw the movie, I wasn't nearly as excited as the day I saw Divergent because this time, I was expecting it to be wrong. In Divergent they actually followed the plot of the book! Insurgent is just way off! I think that this movie is "loosely" based off of the book. By "loosely," I mean, "Let's just take the characters and setting but change the entire story!"
Of course, the effects in the movie are mind blowing at parts and I am always so pleased by good effects. However, this couldn't distract me from the storyline that was so far out of the book's storyline I may or may not have found myself gaping at parts. If you haven't read the book, sure, this movie might not be half bad. But if you've read the book and are looking for a great movie adaptation, I'm afraid that this one missed the mark.
So, for my recommendation, I'd recommend this movie 8/10 for anyone who hasn't read the book but for anyone who has read the book, well... I'd recommend it 4/10.
-Emma; The Cozy Critic
NOTE: These are my personal opinions on the movie. I don't mean to offend anyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment